Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome Trey

The Beginning.....





At 12:21 A.M. on January 7th, Trey Michael Farmer arrived weighing in at 9lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. Amazingly he is a newborn. Could be a future Pee Wee Football linebacker (I want to keep my expectations in check). Although he did come into this world with Gator blue skin color - so maybe i can raise my expectations a little... For of all you that got us "newborn" clothes we thank you, but we don't have any use for them anymore....Needless to say Michelle is thankful that she gave up trying to deliver the "7 lb - 7.5lb est." baby Trey after two hours.




The first minute....


The Conehead does go away....





His foot barely fits on the page





Michelle and Trey are both doing well. Michelle is in recovery for the next few days, and Trey is hanging out in the room with us. I have already changed my first ever diaper (that was pretty) - and then i got the pleasure of changing my second ever diaper, two minutes later. We started the first feeding that we thought went fine, until Trey pressed the nurses call button and ordered a prime rib and baked potato...the boy can eat.





Not quite mirror images




Michelle is pondering whose kid that is...because surely that didn't just come out of her


Daddy and his boy!

As you can see Trey being as big as he is, is a little squished. That or his real father is Chinese. I don't really do blogs...but may over the next few days - we are in the hospital until Saturday or Sunday - and other than the Gator game should have some time on my hands.



Warm it up Trey...He's about to...literally









6 comments:

  1. He is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet him.

    -Aunt Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like he has his granddad's appetite. I'll whip up something for him when I get there. Nana Deuce (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am providing Granddad Kipphut with technical assisatnce...
    He says "I spent the day negotiating on his behalf with Urban Meyer and the Gators. Trey will be replacing Tim Tebow soon. What a boy !!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Apparently Michelle is on to something with her vegetarian diet. He's a bruiser! Did she crave spinach her entire pregnancy or something??

    Seriously, congrats!! Now when can he come visit? :)

    - Uncle Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome guy!

    Congrats to Matt and Michelle! (Mostly Michelle;) since she did the hard work!


    - Kathy Camp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Matt and Michelle!!

    - Dave and Monika Hudson

    ReplyDelete