Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home and two weeks in...


Well on Wednesday Trey will be 3....weeks. Michelle and I have been figuring out the routine of raising a newborn with the help from the first half team (Michelle's parents) and the second half team (my parents). We have been on our own for the last few days and somehow have managed to survive. I have said before I am not the smartest person in the world (Ok I have never said that), but I know there are dumber people then Michelle and I who managed to raise a kid. Actually raising him has been a lot more fun than either of us thought it would be. I had to go back to work last week and it really sucked. (of course if anyone from Recall is reading this - I love Recall - you know - it's just the circumstance and all.)

The first week or so has been much easier with the help of our friends. The girls have coordinated bringing us dinner every night for 7 nights - promptly at 7 i might add. I think that has something to do with Miranda....

Michelle has been doing great recovering from the surgery. She has been getting around really well. She spends most of her day feeding the eating machine, but was able to leave the barracks for a few hours today. She is natural mother - I am very impressed and proud.

We appreciate all of you following along and wishing us well. Will try and keep this going for awhile.


As many monogrammed clothes as he wears, it wouldn't surprise me if he starts referring to himself in the third person..."Trey is hungry...Trey wants lunch"

One of my biggest fears was that Trey would cry and never stop...there is a solution that never fails


This is just flat out cool....I stole this from a DVD i watched in "Breast feeding for couples" - yes you read that right


The first bath - needless to say he is not a fan


Trey had many photo shoots with the first half team and produced some great pics...but this one may be crossing the line...is 3 weeks too young to lose your "man card"


Zip up Hoodie.....what, what!


and matching kicks!


Since nobody wants to have a kid while their friends are out partying.....


In the spirit of college football's national signing day - we will call this recruiting (Hi Justin!)


Sensory overload


Good news Java (the cat) likes Trey...when I say like I mean doesn't hate



The happy family!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys look fantastic and are such naturals...I love the video...unfortunately, the swaddle makes Jackson very angry, but the loud shhh-ing tends to work..although it makes us crack up every time. I love getting to see the latest on your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister, Katie, sent me your blog adddress =0) Your little Trey is just precious...and your wife is gorgeous.

    Enjoy this precious time,
    Erin, who feels really old right about now.

    My family blog: www.nosecondway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete